How to Assemble Your Garden Shed Part 1: Getting Started
Date Posted:18 December 2017
Welcome to part 1 of our assembly guide. In this 6 part series, we will be providing a step by step guide as to how to easily build your new shed!
5 Step Assembly – Getting Started
Garden sheds are simple and easy to assemble with their innovative 5-Step Assembly. We’ll show you each step starting with the back panel.
Before commencing your EasyShed assembly, make sure to do the following:
- Wear safety gloves and glasses at all times to protect your hands from sharp metal edges, and to protect your eyes from tiny airborne drilling debris.
- Unpack the cartons and familiarise yourself with all the components, then sort, separate and identify the various components.
- At least two people are recommended when assembling your EasyShed, especially when handling the completed roof & wall panels. Always carry the panels vertically with one person at each end.
- Do not attempt to handle the panels during windy conditions since sudden wind gusts may damage the panels and/or cause personal injury.
Here are the tools that you will need:
- Power Drill
- Phillips head driver
- 3mm steel drill bit
- Rivet gun (some models)
- 10mm steel drill bit (for concrete fixing)
- 10mm masonry drill bit (for concrete fixing)
The Work Area
Make sure to select a level work area to assemble the panels together. Use your concrete slab or place a couple of planks on the ground.
Or, if you have a couple of saw horses/trestles and four planks about 3000mm and 1800mm in length, fasten the planks to the top of the saw horses. This will give you a good working platform and make the panel assembly process much easier.